Thursday, March 10, 2011

Etsy and the 7 Dwarfs

 My sister, Leah, and I decided to start an Etsy account. For those that don't know, Etsy is an online store for anything handmade and/or vintage. It's amazing some of the stuff you can find on there!  First, was thinking of a name, we struggled a bit with this but Leah finally suggested 7 Dwarfs. No, not after the Disney film, but more so after the 7 corgi's that are collectively owned by our mother and ourselves. Yes, I said SEVEN Corgi's, and no we are not crazy, well maybe our mother is, she does own 4 of the 7 little critters.  So the 7 came from the seven little corgi's we have running around in our family and the dwarf comes from the name corgi, meaning dwarf dog.

So onto our Etsy site!  It took a lot longer than projected to get a few items to put in the store. So life goes, right. We finally have 6 items in our store and are currently working on lots more!

Here is the link if you want to see them online.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/7dwarfsquilts.

Our two Minky Blankets were our first endeavor.

This is the one I made. I took a polka dot flannel and soft pink minky fabric and binded them together with a hot pink silk binding. It was super easy to make, after I learned how to managed that stretchy minky fabric!
DSC_0045

 Leah made this one. She changed hers up with a ruffled border to add some character to it. I like it!
DSC_0037

Next, is my Bliss baby girl quilt. This quilt was so simple! I used a Bliss Charm Pack then bought some Bliss yardage at a local quilt store to finish it off! I quilted it with diagonal lines so you can focus on the vibrant colors! Perfect for a sweet little girl.
Baby Girl Quilt made with Bliss by Bonnie and Camille for Moda

This is Leah's Pure Baby Boy Quilt. She used a Pure Charm pack and like me picked up extra yardage at a local store.
DSC_0031

Below are two Table Runners I made with some Origins fabric. They whipped up on a Saturday morning in no time at all.
Table Runner made with Origins by Basic Grey for Moda
Table Runner made with Origins by Basic Grey for Moda


No comments:

Post a Comment