Thursday, June 24, 2010

My First Quilt ...well sort of.





So I figured I'd start with my very first quilt top. EVER. let's just say there was never any pictures taken and it has since been taken apart to never be seen again. Luckily it was some amazing FreshCut by Heather Bailey that will be put to good use hopefully this weekend on my "craft retreat" at the lake with girlfriends. Needless to say, the first quilt was sewn at 1/2" seams, not a single corner matched up, and you'll love this one, I didn't know I was suppose to cut of the selvages! HA! I'm laughing at myself right now just thinking about the poor thing. After that disaster I realized I could not do this by using my favorite "learn as you go" method. Therefore, I signed up for Basic Quilting classes at a local fabric store. WOW! Did I learn a LOT. We made a small lap quilt in the 8 hours of class. I was and still am so proud of that little lap quilt, all my corners match, my seams are perfect, and the selvages are in my scrap bin not on the quilt. :) Pictures below - (sorry I had to use my flash, it was already dark outside when I took these)






Isn't she a beauty!
It's the Rail Fence Quilt from the 3rd Edition of Start Quilting with Alex Anderson, using French General Fabric. I just love it and am sooo proud of myself. Welp, until next time, seeya laters!



No comments:

Post a Comment